Day One Hundred Fifty-Four

Well, it’s officially no longer summer. A few weeks ago I would question whether to put on my reflective yellow and orange safety vest when I went out the door at 5:30 in the morning. Now I do it as a matter of course.

During my morning walk I did 300 reps of grip exercises on each digit. That’s fewer reps than last week because now, after realizing that I could tweak the Gripmaster a bit in order to do great thumb exercises, I’m working all the digits.

When I got back home I was thrilled to weigh in at 199.5, which is exactly what I weighed on Friday. After breakfast I listened to my body, which was telling me that it needed some more sleep after all those exercises. So I grabbed an extra two or three hours.

In the late morning and early afternoon I got some errands done, including a trip to the store for more broccoli crowns. I had some with the leftover roasted beef that I ate at 1:00. At 4:00 I had a second egg and cheese sandwich.

At around 6:00 I did my new dips/pullups/stairs workout, and couldn’t have been happier with the results. Last Tuesday was the first time I made a real attempt at that workout, and this second attempt felt vastly more solid than the first. I can see myself settling into this routine.

For dinner Grace and I had some Trader Joe’s vegetable melange, which includes just enough cheese so that I’m not worried about getting enough protein. We watched “The Big Hit”, which Grace didn’t like on her first viewing as well as I liked it on my sixth. Ah well. There’s no accounting for taste.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: